Mission Statement, Intent and School Aims
‘Push out into the deep’
In Jesus’ words to St Andrew and the fishermen we ask our children to ‘push out into the deep’ and try their hardest in all that they do.
At St Andrew’s we aim to provide all children with a happy, secure and Christian environment, which will foster and encourage the development of sound spiritual, moral, social and cultural values.
Our Intent is to provide our children with a creative, captivating and challenging curriculum that equips them for today and tomorrow.
This mission statement lies at the heart of the following school aims:
- We shall enhance the quality of children’s learning through an exciting and effective curriculum
- We shall encourage everybody to develop their individual potential to the full and become independent, self-motivated learners
- We shall sustain a challenging, inclusive and supportive learning environment
- We have high expectations which will be met with positive learning strategies and quality resources
- We expect and maintain high standards of behaviour as embodied in the St Andrew’s Code of Conduct
- We shall help children to develop their self-esteem and relationships in an atmosphere of mutual respect
- We shall work in partnership with parents and carers, the Church and our community to ensure the best opportunities for all our children
- We shall continue to seek ways to improve every aspect of work and life at St Andrew’s