Downtime is really important to support your mental health. Why not try some of these activities to take your mind off things and help you and your child to 'Keep Calm'.
- Joe Wicks' Daily Youtube Live Stream Workout at 9am
- Cosmic Kids have lots of Yoga videos designed for children on their Youtube Channel
- Our children love Go Noodle. They have videos on their Youtube and their website
- BBC Supermovers have loads of fun and active videos on their page
- The NHS has teamed up with Disney to produce some 10 minute Wake and Shake videos
- Typing in 'Just Dance' into Youtube brings up a lot of dancing videos you can follow along with!
- Play Keepie-uppies in your garden
- Have a dance party
- Explore some of these at-home Science activities at Cbeebies Science
- Look around your garden. What animals and plants can you see there?
- Do some gardening.
- Hold a household Treasure Hunt
- Go on a virtual museum tour: British Museum, The Natural History Museum, RAF Museum, The Louvre, NASA, Buckingham Palace
- Go on a virtual Zoo Trip: Atlanta Zoo 'Panda Cam', Houston Zoo, Georgia Aquarium, Monterey Bay Aquarium,
- Walk around a virtual Art Gallery: Van Gogh Museum, Rijksmuseum, National Gallery
- Set up your own role-play area, den or fort
- Create an 'at-home' shop - take turns running it
- Time to get active! Can you create an exercise sequence using the letters of your name? How about another word? What about the word exercise? Use the picture below as a guide, or make up your own! Show us your sequences on Dojo or Seesaw!
During the school closures, we know that your children will be spending more time online, is important to make sure your child remains safe online - click here for ways to support your child's online safety.